PRE-TREATMENT PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- 4-6 DAYS OF HAIR GROWTH is necessary for treatment
- Hydration is important! – Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day for 5 days leading up to treatment. We recommend a pre-electrolysis Quench IV Therapy treatment.
- Pause use of spironolactone 3 days prior to your large volume electrolysis session. After treatment, you may resume.
- Do not take ibuprofen (Advil, etc.), aspirin, or acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.) for 3 days prior to treatment.
- Do not take Xanax or similar medications the day before or the day of treatment
- Do not use marijuana for 3 days prior to the treatment.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 24 hours before and after treatment.
- Inform us of any new medications by email at [email protected]
- Eat a light meal before treatment. Avoid heavy food less than one hour before treatment. Eating a lunch/snack during the day will also help you to feel better and help to prevent nausea from the medications.
- Be sure to get a good night’s rest before the appointment.
You may experience these effects after treatment:
- Swelling, bruising, crusting, scabbing, redness, inflammation, or other skin irritations.
- Shaking, lightheadedness and nausea are possible as a result of the medications being administered.
These effects are considered typical and following the post-treatment care protocol will help you and your skin to return to its normal state quicker. Should you experience adverse effects not covered here or if they last for an extended period of time, please contact us by email with photos for assistance. Although unlikely, if you experience an emergency, contact 911 or a physician immediately.
POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS: FACE/NECK
Day of treatment:
- Apply one application of Neosporin + Pain Relief Cream to the treated area, with clean hands. Do not apply if you are allergic to Neosporin ingredients or have had a negative reaction.
- Begin applying Avene Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream, with clean hands, to keep the skin hydrated at all times.
- Begin icing the treated area for up to 5 minutes per section, every 1.5-2 hours. Place a clean cloth between ice bag and skin to avoid over-icing.
- Sleep elevated to help reduce swelling. Use clean pillowcase.
- Do not apply makeup or other skin care products.
Days following treatment:
- Gently cleanse your skin with a mild cleanser and lukewarm/cool water twice daily. Pat dry. Recommended cleansers: Avene Tolerance Extremely Gentle Cleanser, Image Skincare
Ormedic Balancing Facial Cleanser or PCA Skin Creamy Cleanser. Avoid bar soap.
- Apply Image Skincare Iluma Intense Brightening Serum to treated area.
- Apply Avene Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream to treated area. Reapply throughout the day to ensure the skin stays hydrated during the healing process. Continue for 7-14 days or until skin has recovered.
- Use the Avene post-treatment kit as directed.
- Anytime you go outdoors (even driving), apply a minimum of SPF 30 sunscreen to exposed skin. Avoid direct sun exposure to treated area(s). We recommend Avene Solaire UV Mineral Multi-Defense Sunscreen SPF 50+. Avoid chemical sunscreen actives until healed.
- You may begin to apply clean makeup with clean applicators starting 48 hours after treatment. However, its best to wait longer if possible.
- Continue to apply an ice bag for up to 5 minutes at a time per area, every 2-3 hours until swelling has subsided. Keep a clean cloth or barrier between skin and ice bag to avoid freezing the skin. Use caution when removing the barrier to avoid peeling the skin.
- Continue to sleep elevated until swelling has subsided. Use clean pillowcase.
- Gentle stretching, such as yoga, may help to reduce inflammation. Avoid ‘hot yoga’.
- Do not pick, scratch, or otherwise unnecessarily touch the treated area(s).
- Avoid any friction in the treated area(s). Avoid strenuous activity while healing.
- OTC Ibuprofen or acetaminophen can be help helpful if you experience any discomfort.
- Avoid and skin care products with alpha-hydroxy or beta-hydroxy acid (I.e. glycolic, lactic, salicylic, etc.), retinol, retinoids (Differin,Renova, tretinoin, etc.), benzoyl peroxide, and other potentially irritating or drying ingredients until the skin is fully healed.
- Avoid direct shower spray, very hot showers/baths, swimming, strenuous exercise, stovetops, tanning, and saunas.
- Continue to stay well-hydrated by drinking a lot of water.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol while healing.
- Inflammation in the skin may temporarily appear as dark spots or pigmentation.
- In areas of dense growth, fluid discharge may occur and is typical. Allow the crust to remove on its own during cleansing. Do not pick.
- Use Avene Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream or a petroleum jelly-based product (Aquaphor Healing Ointment) to help soften and protect these areas.
- We highly recommend using Image Skincare Iluma Intense Brightening Serum 1-2 times daily, starting 24 hours following treatment. This product is available at our clinic.
- Bruising may occur in some individuals. Eating fresh pineapple and/or taking vitamin C or arnica montana* supplements while healing
may be beneficial to diminish bruises and speed healing.
- Residual numbness may occur in some individuals and will eventually subside. Gentle self-massage of the area(s) for 5-10 minutes twice daily may diminish this sooner.
- Starting with week 2, begin gently massaging your face for 5-10 minutes with face lotion, twice daily to stimulate blood circulation to nourish the skin while healing.
- Use Avene Soothing Sheet Mask or Image Skincare Ormedic Balancing Gel Masque once per week to calm inflammation and hydrate the skin.
- We recommend having a professional, hydrating facial 30 days following your electrolysis treatment.
- When skin is healed, continue a quality and complete skin care regimen.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or (773) 766-1132.
* Note: Check with your doctor or pharmacist before starting or stopping any prescription or over-the-counter medication or supplement. This information is
not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent and disease or injury. This information is not intended to be a substitute for qualified medical advice.
**Family and friends will not be permitted in the treatment room.
**A daily preparation charge is added to large volume electrolysis pricing. Pre-Electrolysis Facials, LED light therapy, lymphatic drainage recovery treatments, IV therapy, and post-care products are available at an additional cost and not included in the price of electrolysis.
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to new dates within 14 days of the scheduled appointments. Cancellations with less than 14 days notice will forfeit the deposit.
Thank you for your interest in large volume electrolysis with us. We look forward to helping you.